Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of Europe is Council’s advisory body and it represents local and regional authorities. It was established in 1994 and it gathers 291 representative and 291 deputy representatives. The main aim of Congress is to involve local and regional authorities in processes of European integration and Councils work. The most important task is to promote local and regional democracy and empower transboundary and inter-regional cooperation in Europe. Congress addresses issues of local and regional authorities, especially questions of regional autonomy, urban planning and spatial development, environment protection, culture, education, social services and health.
It also monitors the way member countries implement local democracy principles from European Charter of Local Self-Government.
Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of Europe representatives
- in mandate by August 2020
1. Goran Pauk, Šibenik - Knin County prefect, head of Croatian delegation
2. Vesna Hajsan Dolinar, Karlovac deputy county prefect (Sanja Bošnjak deputy)
1. Matija Posavec, Međimurje County prefect
2. Valter Flego, Istria County prefect
3. Jelena Pavičić Vukičević, Zagreb City deputy mayor
Coordinator: Mladen Ivanović, Association of Municipalities